part of speech: adjective
definition 1: of or produced by nature; not made by humans.
- The zoo hopes to return the large cat to its natural habitat in the forest.
antonyms: artificial, man-made, synthetic, unnatural
definition 2: according to or resulting from human nature.
- Human beings have a natural desire for companionship.
definition 3: not pretended or forced.
- Your smile in this school photo doesn’t look natural.
synonyms: authentic, genuine, sincere, true
antonyms: artificial, false, unnatural
definition 4: without any changes that humans are capable of making, especially through the use of science and technology.
- Natural foods don’t have chemicals that add to their color or make them last longer.
definition 5: expected; ordinary.
- It is natural for teenagers to be confused about life.
synonyms: normal, ordinary, regular, typical, usual
antonyms: abnormal, exceptional, surprising
definition 6: having to do with the sciences that study and describe nature.
- He started out as a physicist, but soon took an interest in the natural sciences.
part of speech: noun
definition: a person who is considered to be gifted or just right for a particular activity.
- He’s a natural for the part of King Arthur.
derivation: naturalness (n.)