part of speech: adjective
definition 1: in the greatest number, amount, or degree (superlative of “many” and “much”).
- This is the most fun I’ve ever had.
definition 2: the majority of.
- Most birds can fly.
phrase: for the most part
part of speech: noun
definition 1: the greatest number, amount, or degree.
- He has most of the money.
definition 2: the majority of people.
- Most do not like the new building on the corner.
definition 3: the best.
- This is the most you can ask for.
synonyms: best, finest
part of speech: adverb
definition 1: in the greatest extent or amount (superlative of “much”).
- We all cried at the end of the movie, but Tanya cried most.
definition 2: to a very great extent or degree, or to the greatest extent or degree.
- It was most kind of you to help me with this.
- Going on that roller coaster was the most exciting thing I’ve ever done!
synonyms: quite, very
Word Builder: most +
mostly: for the most part; almost all.