part of speech: noun
definition 1: an example that should be copied or an ideal that others are compared to.
- Mr. Magnus, the millionaire, is my model of success.
synonyms: ideal, pattern, standard
definition 2: a small copy of something, often used as a guide to making the thing in full size.
- We make a model of a new machine before we build it full size.
definition 3: a particular type or style of a product.
- The salesman showed us a newer model of car.
definition 4: a person who poses for a painter, photographer, or other artist.
definition 5: a person whose job is to display new clothing by wearing it for customers or posing for photographs.
part of speech: adjective
definition 1: serving as an example or ideal that should be copied.
- Carmen has always been a model citizen who works to help the community.
definition 2: being a model.
- His hobby is building model airplanes.
part of speech: verb
inflections: models, modeling, modeled
definition 1: to plan or form according to a model.
- She modeled herself after her mother.
synonyms: fashion, pattern
definition 2: to form or shape.
- He modeled the clay.
synonyms: fashion, form, mold, shape
definition 3: to work as a fashion model or an artist’s model.
- She modeled for fashion magazines before she went into acting.
derivation: modeler (n.)