part of speech: verb
inflections: mixes, mixing, mixed
definition 1: to put different things together so that the parts become one.
- If you mix yellow and blue you will have green.
synonyms: blend, combine, compound, mingle
definition 2: to put together in a confused way (often followed by “up”).
- Their hats and coats were all mixed up.
synonyms: confuse, jumble, muddle
definition 3: to meet and greet other people.
- I mixed with many interesting people at the party last night.
synonyms: associate, circulate, mingle
part of speech: noun
definition 1: something that is made of parts or substances meant to be mixed with liquid.
- We will need to add milk to the cake mix.
definition 2: a combination of two or more kinds of things.
- In the bowl there was a mix of nuts, raisins, and pretzels.
Word Builder: mix +
mixer1: a soft drink that you mix with alcohol.
mixer2: a machine that you use to mix batter or dough.
mixer3: a party at which people who don’t know each other meet.