part of speech: noun
definition 1: a unit of time equal to sixty seconds or one sixtieth of an hour. (abbreviated: min.)
definition 2: a very short period of time.
- Would you please come inside for a minute?
synonyms: bit, instant, jiffy, moment
definition 3: (plural) the written record of a meeting.
- The clerk read the minutes of the last council meeting.
definition 4: a distance that a person can walk or drive in one minute.
- Our new apartment is only ten minutes from school.
part of speech: adjective
inflections: minuter, minutest
definition 1: very small in size or amount; tiny.
- Grandmother is ill and will eat only a minute amount of food.
synonyms: diminutive, tiny, wee
definition 2: with attention to fine details.
- He makes minute drawings of city life.
synonyms: detailed, meticulous
derivation: minuteness (n.)