part of speech: pronoun
definition: the one or ones that belong to me, are done by me, or have to do with me.
- That book is mine.
- Your writing is neater than mine.
part of speech: noun
definition 1: a deep hole or area of holes made in the earth. Minerals such as gold, coal, or precious stones are dug out of mines.
- Working underground in a mine can be a dangerous job.
definition 2: a large supply or good source.
- He is a mine of information.
synonyms: abundance, cornucopia, reservoir, wealth
definition 3: a kind of bomb hidden in the ground or in water. A mine is set off by putting pressure on it or by lighting its fuse.
part of speech: verb
inflections: mines, mining, mined
definition 1: to dig in the earth for minerals such as gold or coal; work in a mine.
- He mines in the mountains all day, hoping to strike it rich.
definition 2: to lay bombs under.
- The enemy mined the field.
Word Builder: mine +
miner: a person who works in a mine.
mining: the activity of digging in the earth for minerals.