part of speech: noun
definition 1: strong feelings of affection for another person or thing.
- She has a deep love for her childhood friend.
definition 2: strong interest in or liking for something.
- He has a great love for music.
definition 3: a person, activity, or object for which one has great affection or strong liking.
- She was his first love.
- Sailing is one of her loves.
part of speech: verb
inflections: loves, loving, loved
definition 1: to have a deep and strong affection for and attachment to.
- I think I love my puppy as much as her own mother does.
antonyms: detest, hate, loathe
definition 2: to enjoy or have a strong interest in.
- I love fishing and swimming.
Word Builder: love +
lover: a person you are in love with.
loving: showing love.