part of speech: verb
inflections: looks, looking, looked
definition 1: to use the eyes to see.
- I feel happy when I look at my puppy.
definition 2: to turn one’s glance or attention.
- He looked to me for help.
definition 3: to seem or appear.
- My new haircut looks awful.
synonyms: appear, seem
definition 4: to face a certain direction.
- The house looked north.
phrase: look after
phrase: look down one’s nose at
phrase: look up
part of speech: noun
definition 1: the act of looking; glance.
- My father gave me an angry look when I interrupted his phone call.
definition 2: way of appearing.
- My new dress has a nice look.
definition 3: a search.
- Have a look for my gloves, will you?
definition 4: (plural) personal appearance.
- Good looks are not everything.
phrase: look up to
phrase: look forward to
phrase: look for
phrase: look over