part of speech: adjective
definition 1: having to do with a particular place such as a neighborhood or town.
- They called the local police for help.
antonyms: global, worldwide
definition 2: making repeated stops.
- It took longer to get here because we rode the local train.
definition 3: having to do with a certain area in the body.
- The doctor gave me a local anesthetic before he treated my broken finger.
part of speech: noun
definition 1: a local vehicle of transport such as a bus.
- To get there you have to ride the local, because the express will skip that stop.
definition 2: one who lives in the local area.
- The locals don’t trust people who are just passing through town.
antonyms: outsider, stranger