- [U]生命 ability to function and grow that distinguishes living animals and plants from dead ones and from rocks, metals, etc.
- [U]生物,活物 living things
- [U]人生,人的生存 state of being alive as a human being
- [U]生活 qualities, events and experiences that characterize existence as a human being
- [C]人命,性命 existence of an individual human being
- [C]一生,终身,终生 period between birth and death
- [C]生活方式 way of life
- Surely, I will keep the secret for my whole life.当然,我会一生保守这个秘密。
- He had a car accident and his life was in danger.他遭遇车祸,有生命危险。
- I prefer country life to city life.我喜爱乡村生活,不喜爱城市生活。
- As we know, life is often compared with a voyage.如我们所知道的,人生常被比做航海。
- Life began on Earth millions of years ago.地球上的生命始于数百万年以前。
- Honor is dearer than life.名誉重于生命。
- He has seen much of life.他阅历很深。
- in daily/everyday life 在日常生活中
- live/have/lead a happy life 过着幸福的生活
- come back to life 复苏
- begin/start/get a new life 开始新生活
- lose one’s life 丧生
- give one’s life to 献身给……
- My life is really dreadful.我的生活真是糟透了。
- He works for his living as a teacher.他靠教书为生。
part of speech: noun
definition 1: the state of being that sets animals and plants apart from rocks, minerals, and other things that are not alive.
- Things that have life grow, reproduce, and use energy.
definition 2: something that is alive, or all alive things.
- Ten lives were lost at sea yesterday.
- Pollution has affected the plant life in the area.
definition 3: the time between birth and death.
- He has had a long life.
definition 4: the period during which something lasts or works.
- These tires should last for the life of my car.
definition 5: way of being.
- Graham leads an active life.
definition 6: energy, movement, or spirit.
- He is full of life.
definition 7: a biography or story of someone’s life.
- I have just finished reading a life of Gandhi.