part of speech: adjective
definition: of, located on, or pertaining to the side of the human body where the heart is located or to the side of any other thing in the same position with respect to its other side; opposite of right.
- A married woman usually wears a ring on her left hand.
- When you are facing north, west is on your left side.
part of speech: noun
definition: the left side.
- He looked to the left and right before crossing the street.
part of speech: verb
definition: past tense and past participle of leave.
- The only drink left in the refrigerator was orange juice.
- Only the cookies without frosting were left on the plate.