part of speech: adjective
inflections: kinder, kindest
definition 1: helpful; friendly; good.
- You were so kind to help that old woman down the stairs.
synonyms: decent, gentle, good, good-hearted
antonyms: harsh, malicious, mean, nasty, unkind
definition 2: showing understanding or sympathy.
- Your kind words made him feel better.
antonyms: callous, inconsiderate, sharp, unkind
part of speech: noun
definition 1: a group of things, people, or animals that are thought of together because of like characteristics.
- You can see many kinds of animals at the zoo.
- His new, quiet and shy wife wasn’t familiar with our kind of people.
definition 2: type; sort.
- What kind of hat is that?
synonyms: category, make, nature, sort, type
definition 3: an approximate example of something; sort.
- The children lined up the boxes to make a kind of fort.
synonyms: sort, type
phrase: kind of