part of speech: verb
inflections: kicks, kicking, kicked
definition 1: to strike with the foot.
- She kicked him in the shin.
definition 2: to set in motion using a blow with the foot.
- Julie kicked the can down the road.
definition 3: to move back suddenly and with force.
- The rifle kicked hard and bruised his shoulder.
part of speech: noun
definition 1: the act or an instance of kicking; blow delivered with the foot.
- His kick sent the ball down the field.
definition 2: a strong, sudden backward thrust.
- That rifle has quite a kick.
definition 3: (informal) a feeling of excitement; thrill.
- He gets a kick out of sky diving.
synonyms: excitement, thrill