part of speech: verb
inflections: joins, joining, joined
definition 1: to put, bring, or fasten together.
- Let’s join hands and sing songs.
synonyms: connect, couple, fasten, fix, link
antonyms: divide, part, separate
definition 2: to become a member of.
- Will you join the Girl Scouts this year?
definition 3: to come into the company of, or go along with.
- Will you be joining us for dinner?
definition 4: to come together; be in contact; meet.
- The trail joins with the main road just past your house.
antonyms: part, separate
definition 5: to take part in with others (often followed by “in”).
- If you want to play, you can join in anytime.