part of speech: verb
inflections: has, having, had
definition 1: to own; possess.
- She has five dollars.
definition 2: to experience; feel.
- We always have a good time at the movies.
definition 3: to include or contain.
- Our team has ten members.
definition 4: to think about or hold in mind.
- I have a great idea.
definition 5: to give birth to.
- Mother is having a baby in the hospital.
definition 6: to take in or take part in.
- Let’s have a cup of coffee.
- He’s having dinner now.
definition 7: used with a past participle to express a completed action.
- They have gone.
- He has finished the sandwich.
- We had just arrived home when the phone rang.
phrase: have got
phrase: have got to
phrase: have to
phrase: have to do with