part of speech: verb
inflections: grows, growing, grew, grown
definition 1: to become larger by natural development; increase.
- A baby grows fast in its first weeks after birth.
- See a movie for this meaning
antonyms: ebb, wane
definition 2: to stay alive and healthy.
- This plant doesn’t grow in the shade.
synonyms: blossom, flourish, prosper, thrive
definition 3: to become.
- The weather grew warmer.
- Eventually, the boy grew jealous of his baby sister.
definition 4: to come from or develop from.
- Sandy’s ideas about children grew from her experiences as a teacher.
synonyms: develop, evolve
definition 5: to make grow.
- The farmer grows corn and beans.
synonyms: cultivate, produce, raise
phrase: grow up