part of speech: verb
inflections: goes, going, went, gone
definition 1: to move; travel.
- I go to school by bus.
- We went to the beach on Saturday.
synonyms: advance, move, pass, travel
antonyms: halt, stop
definition 2: to move away from a place; leave.
- We will miss her when she goes.
antonyms: come, stay
definition 3: to reach from one point to another.
- The driveway goes from the house to the road.
synonyms: reach, stretch
definition 4: to be moving or working properly.
- My electric train will not go.
synonyms: function, operate, run, work
definition 5: to pass.
- How fast the days go!
synonyms: elapse, pass
definition 6: to belong with something else.
- This blouse goes with that skirt.
definition 7: to be used up.
- Money goes fast.
definition 8: to make a certain sound.
- “Vroom! Vroom!” went the engine.
definition 9: to belong in a certain place or position.
- These forks go in that drawer over there.
definition 10: to fit; be allowed to have enough space.
- All those clothes won’t go in that small bag.
definition 11: to become.
- The milk has gone sour.
synonyms: become, get, grow
definition 12: to come to be in a certain state; become.
- The whole class went quiet.
definition 13: (informal) to say.
- I go, “Why?” and he goes, “Because.”
phrase: go back on