part of speech: noun
definition 1: something done for fun or amusement; play.
- I made a game of waving to the baby.
definition 2: a form of play or sport having certain rules and equipment for play.
- We enjoyed a game of chess.
- My whole family went to the football game.
definition 3: wild animals, such as deer and rabbits, that can be caught and used as food.
- The men went to the mountains to hunt game.
part of speech: adjective
inflections: gamer, gamest
definition 1: daring in spirit; brave.
- The game tourists went into the jungle without a guide.
synonyms: adventurous, brave
definition 2: (informal) ready or willing to take part in.
- Are you game for a hike?
synonyms: ready, set
derivations: gamely (adv.), gameness (n.)