part of speech: preposition
definition 1: used to show a starting point in place or time.
- We ran from his house to mine.
- We are meeting her one hour from now.
definition 2: used to identify the origin or source.
- Don got a postcard from his friend.
- Joe is from Kentucky.
- Wood comes from trees.
definition 3: used to show difference.
- The farmer can tell one chick from another.
definition 4: used to show distance or separation.
- The school is eight miles from here.
definition 5: used to show cause.
- They were tired out from sledding.