part of speech: adjective
inflections: fresher, freshest
definition 1: newly made, gotten, or experienced.
- They enjoyed a fresh cup of tea.
- Please put on a fresh T-shirt.
synonyms: brand-new, new
antonyms: set, stale
definition 2: still good to eat or drink; not spoiled.
- The milk is not fresh.
antonyms: bad, off, rotten, sour, stale
definition 3: not preserved by freezing or canning.
- We like fresh fish.
definition 4: feeling new and alive.
- Ezra came to work feeling fresh again after his vacation.
synonyms: refreshed, revived
antonyms: tired, weary
definition 5: not salty.
- We drank fresh water from the mountain stream.
definition 6: cool, refreshing, and pure.
- We enjoyed the fresh sea air.
synonyms: clean, pure
definition 7: (informal) rude; sassy.
- His father scolded the boy for being so fresh.
synonyms: forward, impudent
derivations: freshly (adv.), freshness (n.)