part of speech: verb
inflections: follows, following, followed
definition 1: to come or go after or behind.
- He followed me down the street.
definition 2: to move forward on or along.
- Follow this road until you reach the city.
definition 3: to take place after.
- A party will follow the wedding.
definition 4: to understand or comprehend.
- Did you follow the story he told?
synonyms: comprehend, get, grasp, understand
definition 5: to pay attention to closely.
- He follows the news.
definition 6: to happen as a result of something else.
- If there are no stores in town, it follows that people will have to shop somewhere else.
phrase: follow up
Word Builder: follow +
follower: a person who follows.