part of speech: noun
definition 1: the lowest surface in a room; the surface on which one stands in a room.
- The dog likes to lie on the floor under the kitchen table.
definition 2: the lowest surface of any structure.
- The floor of our old car is rusted.
definition 3: the ground surface.
- The divers went to the ocean floor.
definition 4: a level of a building.
- Her office is on the tenth floor.
part of speech: verb
inflections: floors, flooring, floored
definition 1: to cover with or provide with a floor or floor covering.
- The workers floored the new apartment with carpet.
definition 2: to throw into great confusion; to greatly puzzle.
- Dad was floored when I told him I was getting married.