part of speech: verb
inflections: finds, finding, found
definition 1: to come upon or meet by accident.
- I found some money in my pocket.
synonyms: bump into, come across, encounter, happen upon, run across
definition 2: to come upon after losing or searching for.
- Alex found a lost watch under the sink.
synonyms: locate, recover
antonyms: lose, mislay, misplace
definition 3: to discover.
- The explorers found a pass through the mountains.
definition 4: to consider or regard.
- She found the poem hard to understand.
definition 5: to come to a decision in a court of law.
- The man was found guilty by the jury.
phrase: find out
part of speech: noun
definition: something pleasant, valuable, or rare that is discovered.
- That colorful shell from the beach is quite a find!