part of speech: verb
inflections: fills, filling, filled
definition 1: to cause to become full; put as much as possible into.
- He filled the bag with leaves.
antonyms: empty, hollow
definition 2: to take up all or most of the space in.
- Rabbits filled the cage.
definition 3: to work or perform in.
He fills the role of teacher very well.
definition 4: to close up or plug.
- The dentist filled a cavity in the boy’s tooth.
definition 5: to prepare or make up.
- The pharmacist filled my prescription for cough medicine.
definition 6: to become full.
- The room filled with guests from all over the world.
phrase: fill in
phrase: fill out
part of speech: noun
definition: an amount that is enough to make full or satisfy.
- He ate his fill of peanuts.
derivation: filled (adj.)