part of speech: noun
definition 1: a wide area of open land often used for growing crops.
- That field is planted with soybeans.
definition 2: any wide, open area.
- From the plane, he looked down on a field of ice.
definition 3: an open area where sports events take place.
- My school has football and soccer fields.
definition 4: an area of special activity or interest.
- Liz works in the field of medicine.
part of speech: verb
inflections: fields, fielding, fielded
definition: to catch or stop in a game of baseball, softball, or cricket.
- The pitcher fielded the ball and threw it to first base.