part of speech: verb
inflections: feels, feeling, felt
definition 1: to find out about or perceive by the sense of touch.
- Can you feel this bump on my head?
definition 2: to give a particular sensation through the skin.
- That warm water feels good on my feet.
- The cat’s fur feels so soft.
definition 3: to sense or be aware of.
- She felt a headache starting.
synonyms: perceive, sense
definition 4: to have or be moved by a strong emotion of.
- We felt great sadness at the loss of life from the earthquake.
definition 5: to experience a sense of one’s physical or mental condition.
- I don’t think I can go to the party because I’ve been feeling sick this morning.
- She felt very happy and relieved that she did well on the test.
definition 6: to have a belief or opinion.
- They feel it would be dangerous for so many of us to go in one car.
phrase: feel up to
part of speech: noun
definition: the quality of something to the touch.
- I like the feel of this cool, hard stone.
phrase: feel like