part of speech: verb
inflections: feeds, feeding, fed
definition 1: to provide food for or give food to.
- The mission feeds homeless people.
- Did you feed the dog this morning?
definition 2: to build up; support; add to the strength of.
- Caring for a horse at the stable feeds his dream of having his own.
synonyms: nourish, reinforce, strengthen
definition 3: to put something into; supply.
- Lisa fed the fire with sticks she found.
- The river feeds the lake.
definition 4: to eat food.
- Deer feed on grass.
synonyms: dine, eat
part of speech: noun
definition: food for birds and animals, such as seeds, grain, or hay.
- Tim bought feed for his hamster at the pet store.
synonyms: fodder, food, forage, pasture