part of speech: noun
definition 1: something that a person has done or lived through.
- The war was a terrible experience for everyone.
definition 2: everything done or lived through in a person’s life.
- I’ve learned so much from my grandmother’s experience.
definition 3: the repeated practice, activity, or observations that result in skill, ability, or wisdom.
- We need a worker with two years of computer experience.
- Captain Black has a lot of experience with that kind of boat.
definition 4: the knowledge or wisdom that one gets from practice, activity, or observation.
- She uses her experience to solve problems on the job.
part of speech: verb
inflections: experiences, experiencing, experienced
definition: to go through; feel or know.
- He experienced defeat for the first time.
- She experienced pain after the accident.
Experience is from a Latin word that means “to try out or test.”
Word Builder: experience +
experienced: having experience.