part of speech: adjective
definition 1: smooth, level, or flat.
- The children liked to play ball at the park because the ground was nice and even.
synonyms: flat, level, plane, smooth
definition 2: at the same level or height; parallel.
- The snow is even with the tops of my boots.
synonyms: flush, parallel
definition 3: steady; calm.
- Ms. Smyth has an even temper and does not get angry easily.
synonyms: calm, cool, placid, serene, steady, tranquil
definition 4: no more or less in amount or measure; equal in amount.
- My brother and I have even amounts of milk in our glasses.
synonyms: equal, same
antonyms: unequal, uneven
definition 5: the same amount all over.
- The painter put an even coat of paint on the walls.
synonyms: consistent, uniform
definition 6: able to be divided exactly by two.
- Six is an even number, but five is not.
antonyms: odd, uneven
phrase: get even