part of speech: noun
definition 1: the practice or system by which written messages are sent from one computer to another; electronic mail.
- Should we send her a letter or notify her by e-mail?
definition 2: a written message sent from one computer to another; electronic mail.
- I got two emails from him yesterday, but I haven’t read them yet.
- She turned on her computer and read all her email.
part of speech: verb
inflections: e-mails, e-mailing, e-mailed
definition 1: to send a message to (someone) by computer.
- I emailed my friend to let her know that I was coming for a visit.
definition 2: to send by computer.
- Mike and Jen emailed pictures of their new baby to everyone in the family.