part of speech: adjective
inflections: drier, dryer, driest, dryest
definition 1: not wet, damp, or moist.
- The clothes are dry after hanging in the sun.
antonyms: damp, greasy, juicy, moist, watery, wet
definition 2: having little or no rain.
- This year we had a dry summer.
definition 3: not having the normal or desired amount of moisture.
- If you bake the cake too long, it will be dry.
definition 4: not in or under water or other liquid.
- Most snakes live on dry land.
definition 5: thirsty.
- We were very dry after the long walk.
definition 6: not interesting; boring.
- Our history book was very dry.
synonyms: boring, dull, monotonous
part of speech: verb
inflections: dries, drying, dried
definition 1: to make or cause to be dry.
- Be sure to dry your hair before you go outdoors.
antonyms: dampen, moisten, wet
definition 2: to become dry.
- We dried off in the sun after swimming.
- This fabric dries quickly.
Word Builder: dry +
dryer: an appliance for drying clothes or hair.