part of speech: verb
inflections: drives, driving, drove, driven
definition 1: to cause to move by force; push.
- She drove a spike into the ground with a hammer.
- The golfer drove the ball three hundred yards.
definition 2: to operate (a car, truck, or other vehicle).
- Some people like to drive cars that can go fast, but some people don’t care.
definition 3: to take or carry in a vehicle.
- I will drive her to the theater.
definition 4: to cause to be in a certain condition.
- He drives me crazy with his silly jokes.
definition 5: to operate a car, truck, or other vehicle.
- My sister is very excited about learning how to drive.
- People drive too fast down our street.
definition 6: to travel in a car, truck or other private motor vehicle.
- We drove to the beach.