part of speech: verb
inflections: drinks, drinking, drank, drunk
definition 1: to swallow a liquid.
- Some deer came to drink at the pond.
definition 2: to drink alcoholic beverages.
- It is dangerous to drink and then drive a car.
definition 3: to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow.
- I drink orange juice every morning.
part of speech: noun
definition 1: a quantity of liquid that one swallows.
- Take a drink of water with that pill.
definition 2: a liquid that one swallows for thirst or for pleasure.
- Apple juice is my favorite drink.
definition 3: an alcoholic beverage.
- The neighbors invited my parents over for drinks.