part of speech: noun
definition 1: a series of pictures or visions that a sleeping person experiences.
- Last night I had a dream about flying like a bird.
definition 2: a strong hope or goal.
- Her dream is to become a doctor.
synonyms: hope, vision
definition 3: a person who is attractive or very nice.
- I think her brother is a real dream.
phrase: dream up
part of speech: verb
inflections: dreams, dreaming, dreamed, dreamt
definition 1: to pass or spend by daydreaming (often followed by “away”).
- He dreamed away the whole morning.
definition 2: to have a dream or vision during sleep.
- I dreamt about a magical castle last night.
definition 3: to imagine as something strongly desired (usu. fol. by “of”).
- He dreamed of fame.
derivations: dreamless (adj.), dreamer (n.)