part of speech: adjective
inflections: dirtier, dirtiest
definition 1: not clean; soiled.
- The windows were so dirty you could hardly see out of them.
synonyms: dingy, soiled
antonyms: clean, immaculate
definition 2: not honest; unfair.
- We stopped playing cards with him because he was a dirty player.
antonyms: clean, honest
definition 3: not pleasant to do.
- Give someone else the dirty work.
synonyms: disagreeable, distasteful, unpleasant
definition 4: nasty; mean.
- She gave me a dirty look.
part of speech: verb
inflections: dirties, dirtying, dirtied
definition 1: to make dirty; soil.
- Put an apron on so you don’t dirty your shirt.
definition 2: to become dirty or stained.
- White clothes dirty easily.
derivations: dirtily (adv.), dirtiness (n.)