part of speech: noun
definition 1: control or guidance.
- He practiced the piano under the direction of his instructor.
definition 2: (usually plural) information on which way to go or how to do something.
- A stranger asked us for directions to the fair.
- Directions for making the cake are in the cookbook.
definition 3: an order or command.
- Soldiers must follow directions.
synonyms: command, order
definition 4: the way in which one may face or travel.
- Which direction did they go in?
- All the houses on this street face in one direction.