part of speech: verb
inflections: develops, developing, developed
definition 1: to bring out the potential of; advance to a more complete or more effective condition.
- Try to develop your best qualities.
definition 2: to cause to gain strength; cause to grow.
- He tried to develop his muscles by lifting weights.
definition 3: to bring into being or operation; generate.
- Scientists are developing a new kind of plastic.
synonyms: establish, generate, institute
definition 4: to treat with chemicals so as to create a photographic image.
- He develops his own film.
definition 5: to become stronger; grow.
- Teenagers develop at a rapid pace.
synonyms: advance, grow, strengthen
definition 6: to come into being or operation.
- The tadpoles will develop into frogs.
synonyms: become, evolve
derivation: developed (adj.)