part of speech: verb
inflections: dances, dancing, danced
definition 1: to move the feet and body in a rhythmic way, usually to music.
- Everyone got up and danced when the band started playing.
definition 2: to jump or skip along in excitement.
- She was so happy she danced down the hall.
definition 3: to move quickly and lightly in a way that suggests dancing.
- The treetops danced in the wind.part of speech: noun
definition 1: a set pattern of steps or movements usually done to music.
- The waltz was a popular dance in the 1800s.
definition 2: The art of dancing.
- She is studying music and dance.
definition 3: a party or gathering where people come to dance.
- The school dance is on Saturday night.
definition 4: an act of dancing; one turn of dancing.
- He chose a partner for the last dance of the evening.
Word Builder: dance +
dancer: a person who dances.
dancing: the act of moving the body with rhythm.