part of speech: noun
definition 1: progress from one point to another; movement.
- Will you go to Mexico in the course of your travels?
synonyms: passage, progress, road, way
definition 2: the direction or route along which something moves.
- The course of the river takes many twists and turns.
synonyms: passage, path, way
definition 3: passage through time.
- Brian has done many good things in the course of his life.
definition 4: a series of lessons in a subject.
- I took a course in painting.
synonyms: class, subject
definition 5: an area of land or water set aside for sport.
- Let’s go to the golf course.
synonyms: racetrack, track
definition 6: a part of a meal.
- The second course was soup.
phrase: of course
part of speech: verb
inflections: courses, coursing, coursed
definition: to move or run swiftly; race.
- The lion coursed swiftly after the zebra.
synonyms: hasten, hurry, race, run, rush, speed