part of speech: noun
definition 1: two things of the same kind or that go together in some way.
- All he had in his pocket was a couple of quarters.
- A couple of kids from our school won the art prize.
definition 2: a few.
- Amanda said she would be back in a couple of minutes.
definition 3: two people who are together by marriage or by being in a romantic relationship.
- I met a nice couple at the party.
part of speech: verb
inflections: couples, coupling, coupled
definition: to bring or join together in pairs; connect.
- They coupled the box car to the train engine.
synonyms: connect, join, link