part of speech: noun
definition 1: the amount of money charged or paid for something.
- The cost of cereal is higher than it used to be.
synonyms: charge, price
definition 2: the amount of money needed to make or produce something.
- Production costs for computers are falling.
definition 3: something lost or sacrificed.
- The cost of war was the destruction of many homes.
phrase: at all costs
part of speech: verb
inflections: costs, costing, cost
definition 1: to have the price of.
- The shoes cost forty dollars.
synonyms: sell for
definition 2: to cause to lose.
- His absence cost us the game.
synonyms: rob of