part of speech: noun
definition 1: the place where two lines or surfaces meet to form an angle.
- Stand in the corner of the room.
- Someone tore off the corners of the pages in this library book.
definition 2: the place where two paths, roads, or streets meet.
- The bank is on the corner of Madison Street and Washington Avenue.
definition 3: a position from which escape is difficult.
- Telling all those lies really put him in a corner.
definition 4: a far away or little known place or region.
- She has gone away to a far corner of the earth.
part of speech: verb
inflections: corners, cornering, cornered
definition: to put in an uncomfortable or difficult position.
- She cornered him to find out who had said those mean things about her.
- The campers were cornered by a bear.