part of speech: noun
definition 1: something that looks exactly like another.
- That picture is a copy of the original painting.
synonyms: duplicate, imitation, reproduction
definition 2: one of a number of books, magazines, photographs, or scores of music that were printed at the same time.
- I have a copy of that book.
synonyms: print, reproduction
part of speech: verb
inflections: copies, copying, copied
definition 1: to make a copy of.
- I copied the spelling list in my best handwriting.
synonyms: duplicate, reproduce
definition 2: to do something in the same way as another; imitate.
- Lisa copied her friend’s style of dress.
synonyms: imitate, mimic
definition 3: to be copied.
- Photographs do not copy well on that machine.