part of speech: noun
definition 1: the land next to the ocean; seashore.
- It’s beautiful to drive along the coast at sunset.
synonyms: seacoast, seashore
definition 2: the region of a country or continent that lies along an ocean.
- California is on America’s west coast.
- The ship sailed from the east coast of China to Hawaii.
part of speech: verb
inflections: coasts, coasting, coasted
definition 1: to slide down a hill.
- The children coasted in the park on their new sleds.
- See a movie for this meaning
definition 2: to move without effort or energy.
- When the car ran out of gas, we coasted to the nearest gas station.
synonyms: glide, slide