part of speech: verb
inflections: climbs, climbing, climbed
definition 1: to move upward; go towards the top; rise.
- He climbed for an hour until he reached the top of the hill.
- The airplane climbed sharply after it took off.
definition 2: to grow upward on a tall support.
- The ivy climbed to the roof of the house.
synonyms: creep, twine
definition 3: to go up by foot.
- Let’s climb the hill.
part of speech: noun
definition 1: the act of climbing.
- The family made several mountain climbs during their vacation.
definition 2: something to be climbed.
- That cliff is a difficult climb.
derivation: climbable (adj.)