part of speech: adjective
inflections: busier, busiest
definition 1: doing something or working on something; active.
- The mechanic is busy putting the engine back together.
- I will be too busy tomorrow to have lunch with you.
synonyms: active, engrossed, immersed, occupied, working
antonyms: idle, lazy, secluded
definition 2: full of work or activity.
- Monday will be a busy day for you.
synonyms: active, productive
definition 3: being used; not available.
- All the telephone lines were busy.
part of speech: verb
inflections: busies, busying, busied
definition: to keep busy or occupied.
- She busied herself with homework.
synonyms: absorb, engage, interest, involve, occupy, work
derivations: busily (adv.), busyness (n.)