part of speech: noun
definition 1: a tool made of stiff hairs or bristles that have been fastened to a handle. A brush is used for grooming, painting, or scrubbing.
definition 2: the act of using a brush.
- Your hair needs one last brush before you have your picture taken.
synonyms: flick, sweep
definition 3: a quick, light touch or short encounter.
- She felt the brush of a moth against her cheek.
- We had a brush with danger.
synonyms: encounter, graze
part of speech: verb
inflections: brushes, brushing, brushed
definition 1: to use a brush on.
- I brush my hair and my teeth every night.
synonyms: stroke, sweep
definition 2: to lightly touch or move across.
- When I crawled under the house, cobwebs brushed my face.
synonyms: graze, stroke, sweep
definition 3: to remove with a light movement as if using a brush.
- I brushed the dirt off my pants.
phrase: brush up on