part of speech: adverb
definition 1: in equal measure; to the same extent.
- I was very angry last night, but I don’t feel as angry today.
definition 2: for example; for instance.
- Some sports, as baseball, require the use of a bat.
part of speech: conjunction
definition 1: in the same way or manner that; to the same degree that.
- She reads a lot, as does he.
definition 2: at the moment; when.
- Tom stopped as Jerry started.
definition 3: though.
- Wicked as he is, we love him still.
definition 4: because.
- As I was tired, I went to bed.
part of speech: preposition
definition: in the role of.
- He has a job as a newspaper carrier.
phrase: as of