part of speech: adjective
definition 1: one or some, no matter which or how many.
- You may sit at any table.
- Did you have any cookies?
definition 2: one or another; each and every.
- Draw a picture of any dog.
- Any child can learn.
definition 3: even a very small amount of (used after “not”).
- I do not want any trouble.
part of speech: pronoun
definition: an amount of something; a number of.
- Did you spend any of your allowance?
- There aren’t any in these drawers.
part of speech: adverb
definition: at all; to a degree
- Does he feel any better now?