part of speech: preposition
definition 1: in the middle of or included with.
- We walked among the trees.
- There were some shells among the stones.
definition 2: as a part of; in the company of.
- He worked among friends.
definition 3: with a share for each.
- Bread was shared among ten people.
definition 4: with all or most of.
- He is liked among his classmates.
definition 5: in the group or class of.
- Swimming and hiking are among the things we do at camp.
among or between?
Between is used when talking about two people or things.
Among is used when talking about three or more people or things.
- Bill and Ben divided the pizza between themselves.
- Tony, Tom, and Tim divided the pizza among themselves.